May 18, 2011

new: makeup

I'm always looking for the best powder/foundation/concealer. I have purchased so many products and out of everything, I used Jane Iredale Pressed Powder or Nars Sheer Foundation quite regularly. I have heard so many good things about the Bobbi Brown line that I figured I would give it a try. I purchased the Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation SPF12 (in Honey #5) and the Creamy Concealer Kit (in Honey/Pale Yellow).  

I actually really like the Illuminating Powder. It is really light and natural looking, but covers imperfections well.   The only gripe I have is the compact itself. I use a powder brush to apply this powder and not a sponge. Ultimately, I'm left with a big compact that I only use half of. Am I being silly, I don't know...I just don't like it!

I was really surprised when the girl at the counter picked out the concealer color for me. She said you should wear an under-eye concealer that's one shade lighter than your foundation. I don't know about you, but I always choose a concealer that's probably two shades lighter (whoops). The color looked really dark but once I applied it, it was magic. I love having the sheer yellow powder to set it with. I don't experience any caking or dryness.

Overall, I really like both of these products! Have any of you ladies tried Bobbi Brown products?

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely,
    thanks for sharing!
    I just found your blog,it's so cute.I added to your followers:)I'm very happy if you follow me too
    Have a lovely day
    Xoxo
    Mary
    fashionteaat5.blogspot.com
    Enter my new giveaway: you can win $75 Forever 21 giftcard!!

    ReplyDelete

i'd love to hear what you think! xo